pvserver with multiple clients

Grégory Zaccaro
I'm trying to run a pvserver(Paraview 5.3) with multiple clients.
I have a little problem when running the server.

Here is how I launch locally all the processes on a .bat file :
    start mpiexec.exe -np 1 pvserver.exe --server-port=11111
    start mpiexec.exe -np 1 pvserver.exe --server-port=11112
    start pvbatch.exe script_box.py DESKTOP-HAFBULV 11111
    start pvbatch.exe script_box.py DESKTOP-HAFBULV 11112

With "script_box.py" doing the connection and some stuff :
    from paraview.simple import *
    import sys

    server_name = sys.argv[1]
    server_port = int(sys.argv[2])

    connection = servermanager.Connect(server_name, server_port)

    servermanager.LoadPlugin('...')

    # create a new 'Box'
    # create a new 'Triangulate'
    # create a new 'Clean'

Whenever a client gets connected, the script is executed but the server exits immediately after that,
the problem is that all the others clients lose connections and the server disconnect.

I don't call servermanager.Disconnect() and I tried to run pvserver with --multi-clients but it has no effect,

Is there is any specific way to manage multiple connections with a pvserver ?

Any help would be appreciated !

Re: pvserver with multiple clients

Sebastien Jourdain
I'm not seeing where you configure a server to allow several clients to connect?
Maybe I'm missing the question or the problem as once the script is done, the client should disconnect from its server and properly exit like you seems to describe.

Seb