paraview with mesa 3d

RIVERA, Orlando

HI

I am trying to  understand  the system architecture  of paraview with mesa

I am building  according to  this  page:

https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D

using PV 5.3,  LLVM 4.00 and Mesa 17.0.0   , and  to be run on a 24-core machine  with no graphic card-

I have successfully   built, however,   as expected   (-DPARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI=OFF)    I do not have the client.

When  I try to build the client (paraview )  I have undefined symbols errors coming form Xlib   which I  think, it is not a surprise , since I am also passing (-DVTK_USE_X=OFF)

So my thoughts  are;  Do  I need to build a server with mesa , and a client with native GL ? so  far so good.

What about our in-house  readers ?    Do I need to rebuild these  twice, once for the server side and once for the client side?    Would it be compatible ?   Could it be possible to have  the client  built with mesa ?  I would rather  avoid the client/server architecture

Thanks in advance

Orlando Rivera

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Orlando Rivera
MTU Aero Engines AG
Engineering Systems CAE  (POEA)
Dachauer Str. 665
80995 Muenchen
Germany
Tel +49 89 1489-6689

Fax +49 (0)89 14 89-96951
[hidden email]
http://www.mtu.de

--
MTU Aero Engines AG
Vorstand/Board of Management: Reiner Winkler, Vorsitzender/CEO; Dr. Rainer Martens, Michael Schreyoegg

Diese E-Mail sowie ihre Anhaenge enthalten MTU-eigene vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte den Absender und loeschen Sie diese
E-Mail sowie die Anhaenge. Das unbefugte Speichern, Kopieren oder Weiterleiten ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail and any attached documents are proprietary to MTU, confidential or protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
Any unauthorised storing, copying or distribution is prohibited.

Re: paraview with mesa 3d

Mark Olesen
Hi Orlando,

I posed a related question a few months back (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2017-January/039077.html) that might help you.

[...]