Superbuild swr

Scott, W Alan

Chuck – Why is osmesa/ swr turned on by default?  It requires C++14, which is not on any clusters here.

Alan

Re: Superbuild swr

David E DeMarle
The dependency on c++14 is a transient bug in mesa/swr. It was introduced only very recently (first appeared in 17.1.1) and is being removed as we speak.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Scott, W Alan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Chuck – Why is osmesa/ swr turned on by default?  It requires C++14, which is not on any clusters here.

Alan

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Superbuild swr

Scott, W Alan

How would you recommend I proceed?  Will this fix be pushed into the Superbuild?

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Superbuild swr

David E DeMarle
Chuck already pushed to Superbuild master (one commit beyond v5.4.0 tag)

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Scott, W Alan <[hidden email]> wrote:

How would you recommend I proceed?  Will this fix be pushed into the Superbuild?

The dependency on c++14 is a transient bug in mesa/swr. It was introduced only very recently (first appeared in 17.1.1) and is being removed as we speak.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: <a href="tel:(518)%20881-4909" value="+15188814909" target="_blank">518-881-4909

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Scott, W Alan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Chuck – Why is osmesa/ swr turned on by default?  It requires C++14, which is not on any clusters here.

Alan

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Superbuild swr

Chuck Atkins
Hi Alan,

Chuck – Why is osmesa/ swr turned on by default?  It requires C++14, which is not on any clusters here.

GCC >= 5 and Intel >= 15 from your modules should work for this.  However, the C++14 requirement took me suprise and I didn't realize until after it had vbeen merged.  Intel is getting a patch merged upstream right now to roll back the langiage requirement but I've already merged into the superbuild.

So basically, try the superbuild's current master and it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Superbuild swr

Scott, W Alan

Chuck,

We don’t have GCC 5* available as a module, or in any other form.  We do have Intel 15, but I have not tried Intel for quite some time.  I just turned swr off, that appears to have worked.

On production clusters, the tools are not always up to date...  That is why I had issues with llvm for the longest time.